Tuesday 2 June 2015

Pearl the Mermaid



Here's my project from Kit and Clowder's monthly pencil class.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I used my Spectrum Noir pencils. The fab thing about this month's class, is that it's a monochrome piece so I only needed 6 pencils.  White, black, 46, 49 54 and 63. 

Alyce (our instructor) provides colour combos for different brands, a printable tutorial leaflet and a video. And, of course, a discount on this month's digi which is Pearl from Saturated Canary. 

This is my first try at colouring in this way purely with pencils, and using a 'no lines' technique.

My project turned out slightly differently to Alyce's, but I am okay with that.  When I'm working, I go into 'the zone' and don't tend to copy exactly what I'm seeing.  I just go into my happy colouring space and tune out!  But at the same time I am practising all the techniques and thinking about shadows, light source and texture and all the other bits and pieces that I'm learning from the class.  

I now have the best of both worlds, since joining the class I am still enjoying my hobby and it still has the same therapeutic effect, but I am also creating something I can be really pleased with :)

Here's a close up :





No comments:

Post a Comment